10 Most Common Pest Issues in California
No one likes to deal with pests, but when it comes to states with pest issues California is king! With the California right pest control you’ll be able to deal with virtually any pest year round. Huntington Beach pests pose a threat to homes, individuals and the beautiful scenery here. Orange County Pest Control experts handle a number or pesky invaders Let’s look at the 10 most common household pests you’ll find in the Golden State.
Pests that Pose a Threat to Humans and Pets:
- Ants – Ants are the number one pests in homes and the top reason people call on pest control. They thrive wherever they can find food and water – making conditions inhospitable for them will always solve the problem.
- Bedbugs – Blood sucking parasitic insects are no fun – especially when they take over your home. You’ll need special care to get rid of them for good.
- Bees and Wasps – Bees and wasps pose a serious threat; they’re social creatures and attack in swarms. Controlling hives before they grow too hard to handle is the best step.
- Spiders – Some spiders are beneficial, but if you notice large numbers of spiders in your home (especially dangerous recluse spiders), it’s a sign of a hidden pest control issue. Take care of it soon.
- Conenose Bugs – Another blood sucking parasitic insect like fleas and bedbugs. These are nocturnal and inflict damage while you’re asleep.
- Fleas – Fleas come in many varieties, but in the state of California Cat Fleas are the most common. Control measures should be taken early in the year before flea populations have a chance to establish themselves in or near your home by April/May.
Pests that Pose a Threat to Gardens, Homes and Other Structures
- Roaches – These creepy crawlers won’t just creep you out, they can also destroy your home. Master scavengers can consume any sort of glucose and cellulose, destroying homes.
- Mice – Mice are actually the most expensive rodent pest control faces in North America. Some mice (field and deer mice) carry the Hantavirus which can kill.
- Termites – Termites are small insects that create destruction to wood structures (sometimes confused with carpenter bees that cause more superficial damage). They also attack furniture, stored food and anything else that they can get ahold of.
If you encounter any of these pests, please contact our Huntington Beach Pest control office today.