Top 5 Symptoms You Have Hantavirus
Hantavirus is a life-threatening disease that will affect many individuals as they come into contact with contaminated dust. Rodents, especially mice, spread the deadly virus to humans through urine and feces. Most animals that carry the disease will never even show symptoms. Unfortunately, most people who interact with these dust particles will do so in the course of cleaning or living in an infected home. A service such as Huntington Beach pest control can help rid your home of rodents before the disease spreads to you or your loved ones.
Though the disease does not spread from person to person, it is essential to pay attention to symptoms and get the affected person to the hospital as quickly as possible. Many of the symptoms are easily confused for flu and cold symptoms.
1. The first symptom many people with Hantavirus begin to experience is a fever and an overall bad feeling. Most of these people will notice that they begin to feel sick and warm.
2. Muscle aches are commonly associated with the Hantavirus, especially when it is concentrated on the thighs and back. Feeling aches and pains in the shoulders and hips is a telltale sign that something may be seriously wrong.
3. People with Hantavirus will begin to experience chills, often related to the high fever accompanied by the disease.
4. This illness results in a number of breathing difficulties. For instance, many people with the disease experience shortness of breath or a dry cough. After so long, the cough may become wet over time. These symptoms are usually among the last to show up.
5. Abdominal pain and nausea are also common symptoms. The pain results in vomiting or diarrhea.
Call Newport Beach pest control for assistance eliminating the rodents that carry and spread this fatal illness. If you believe that you have contracted Hantavirus, receive treatment from a doctor as soon as possible, even if you believe you are starting to feel better.